SOLVING A PROBLEM CLOSEST TO YOU, PART 2


In Part 1 of my three-part series, “Solving a problem close to you for a successful business,” I discussed how to I solved a problem close to me to move my business forward. As a quick recap, I described the problem closest to you as the one that requires immediate attention. This is the problem that is directly connected to your goal to move forward or accomplish a goal. For Part 2, I focus on helping you answer the question, “What is the problem closest to you?”  In the following section, I use a table and chairs as a metaphor for attracting clients to your business.​
Picture



First, picture a table without chairs. The table represents your coaching business. You would like to place chairs, which represent prospective clients, at your table. You would like to invite these prospective clients to your table, (i.e., your business), and, ultimately, secure them as clients.Applying the problem definition, we’ll say there is a gap between your existing state- your table without chairs (i.e., your business without clients) and your desired state-a table with chairs (i.e., your business with clients).


Picture



Now, let's consider that your overall goal is to grow your business by attracting clients.  In this case, the problem closest to you is, “How do I attract prospective clients?” To accomplish this goal, you will need to get prospective clients to your table. Let’s consider using your website as a tool to get prospective clients to your table. If want to create welcoming ambiance, you could make your table attractive by placing a floral arrangement at the center of the table and setting fine china and fancy silverware.


So now the question is, once you get them to the table, what will you serve them for dinner?
I will safely bet that since you have set an exquisite table, you want to serve a 5-star quality dinner! Your 5-star quality dinner will be the value your clients derive from your program to help them meet their goals. ​


Picture

What is the value you offer to your clients? You can ponder this question using a similar approach I presented in Part I. Here’s a few examples:• Is it the training material you use to help your clients reflect on their experiences?
• Is it your weekly support emails?
• Is it your empowering social media posts? 

Problem solved and dinner is served!

For the third and final installment of “Solving a problem close to you for a successful business”, I will discuss a way to help you assess your marketing needs. Follow me on LinkedIn,  Facebook, and Twitter for updates!

By Yvette Williams, Ph.D.
Freelance Writer for The Esteemed Scribe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog